The Comp4Drones first promotional video has just been launched.
COMP4DRONES is an ECSEL JU project led by Indra that brings together a consortium of 50 partners to provide a framework of key enabling technologies for safe and autonomous drones.
The current drone innovation is often limited by a lack of interoperable technologies available to drone manufacturers.
In order to overcome these constraints, Comp4Drones aims to make an open sustainable ecosystem around public, royalty-free, and goal-driven software platform standards.
This ecosystem intends to achieve the following objectives:
- Ease the integration and customization of drone embedded systems
- Enable drones to take safe and autonomous decisions
- Ensure the deployment of trusted communications
- Minimize design and verification effort for complex drone applications
- Ensure sustainable impact and creation of an industry-driven community
This goal can be reached ranging from the application to electronic components, realized as a tightly integrated multi-vendor and compositional drone embedded architecture solution and a toolchain complementing the compositional architecture principles.
We are glad to contribute in this ambitious project by designing a U-space ready GNSS tracker for precision navigation and position reporting.
The ecosystem will foster the development and benchmarking of new application and functionalities in 5 relevant sectors:
- Transport, drone for the optimization of transport control, operation and infrastructure management
- Construction, digitalization of the state of the constructive process of a civil infrastructure
- Logistics, drone delivery capabilities for transporting hospital equipment and deployment of a fleet of drones in hard to access areas
- Surveillance and Inspection, drone and wheeled robotic system for inspection, surveillance and rescue operations
- Agriculture, crop monitoring, focusing on crop health and growth management, and technology needs for wine cultivation
For more information visit comp4drone.eu
and follow Comp4drones’ social media pages